Thursday, September 1, 2011

New Book

I picked this book up at Borders yesterday b/c it was deeply discounted b/c they are going out of business and I also had a gift card to use.
I don't agree with everything she says, but for the most part she tells it like it is, usually quite hilariously. I might actually make it required homeschool reading! I am looking forward to what it says - I am sure I will be guilty of some of the points.

Here's an excerpt:
"Our manners are shot. We dress like homelss prostitutes and derelict drug addicts. We spend countless hours social networking and end up becoming less social. Our pop culture has popped. In areas as broad as personal grooming, recreation, education, parenting, faith and even the way we travel, the verdict is in: we have fallen faster than a discount facelift. We're going to hell in a handbasket (and the handbasket was made in China)."

Looks good. I'll keep you updated.


No comments:

Post a Comment